I mentioned last week about all the lavender that has been blooming in the yard. I spent the weekend working on a lavender wreath for the front door of the house and it turned out beautiful. Here is how I made the wreath.
1. I cut about 4 pounds of lavender to get a full looking wreath. When cutting lavender it’s good to cut at the base so it grows back faster. There were a lot of honeybees on the lavender, so be sure when handling lavender that you don’t get stung.
2. Here are a few things you’ll need from the craft store: medium sized foam wreath
a bag of moss
forest green spray paint
hot glue gun
hot glue gun sticks
scissors or wire clippers
3. Next spray paint both sides of the wreath
4. After the paint has dried, use a hot glue gun and glue down the moss evenly throughout the wreath.
5. Next, using floral wire take small sections of lavender going counter clock wise and tie around the wreath. Try tying the back part so you don’t see too much of the wire.
Note: the easiest way of tying the wire is twisting it together & using scissors or wire clippers to cut the extra pieces.
6. Keep bundling the lavender evenly around the wreath until it’s full. Then overlap some of the pieces until you get it just how you want it to look. Cut the extra stems that aren’t needed.
7. Try tweaking the lavender to get it the way you want it. It helps to move around the stems so you can’t see the floral wire.
8. Once you get it the way you want it hang it up! It’s definitely time consuming but worth all the work I promise!
Not bad for the first lavender wreath I made. I am sure the next wreath will turn out even better now that I know how to work with lavender.
Recently I have really been enjoying fresh lavender in my yard. One project I have been working on are my fresh lavender sachets. They are simple to make and don’t require too much time & are a perfect craft project. They make for sweet small ...
I have to say that hydrangeas are one of my top favorite flowers. They're beautiful when bloomed and when cut, they can last all summer and dry beautifully to last through the winter.
I have a huge row of hydrangeas so I thought why not make a ...
Lavender is flourishing right now in my garden. There are several huge patches of lavender in the yard, my mom & I just had to cut some. Not only do they make for beautiful floral arrangements but there are dozens of other crafty ways of deco ...
Today I spent the afternoon in Manhattan Beach Ca & walked around enjoying a beautiful sunny Saturday. I walked inside a flower boutique called Growing Wild. The shop was full of customers picking up wreaths, center pieces for the table and ...