This is my first post of 2013. I thought I’d share a few big home décor trends of 2013, I collected a fun list of popular trends that are in the design industry for you to consider.
1. Gold finishes: Image via Home Furniture Catalogs
This is an easy one to try. If you like this look you could find small and larger accent pieces that are elegant to have in your home.
2. Layered gold finishes, wallpaper trend:
Gorgeous metallic silver and gold wallpaper. Source Hudson Interior Design.
3. Neutral spaces with pops of color: Via: Little Green Notebook
4. Black is back especially on Graphic wallpaper. Even black accents are a good simpler way to try as well: Image via blog.
5. Yellow is another big color this year. Neutral spaces and furnishings look beautiful with subtle hints of yellow. Image via Pinterest.
6. Black for Decor: Image via: Pinterest
7. Animal patterns are very popular this year for wallpaper, furniture, bedding and accessories: (Image: Graham & Green – Animal Motif Toiletry Bags)
8. Feather accents and decorative feather accessories:
Here is another simple yet effective look with a bouquet of feathers and a white vase. Image via Lamps Plus.
9. Hollywood 40′s Noir decor: Image via AD
10. Suzani prints: Image via Pinterest
Suzanis were popular last year and I have a feeling this print style is going to be trendy for awhile.
11. Tribal prints: photo: via Pinterest
Love this tribal area rug!
12. Graphic wallpaper: Image via Elle Decor
13. Cottage style decor, blue, and mint green all popular in 2013: Image via: Abode Love
14. Menswear patterns for 2013: Image via OlioBoards
15. Elephant patterns: Image via blog.
Which one of these trends do you think you may want to add in your home this year?
Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year! I spent several days in Tahoe with family and friends and went snow skiing in Truckee, unfortunately I had no Internet at our cabin so I wasn’t able to blog for several days over my break. Sorry! I didn’t really set any New Years goals for my elf, however I would like to blog more, eat cleaner and be more active this year. Happy New Year everyone:-)
- XOXO Jessica
Trackback from your site.